Monday, September 11

Revel Roulette

Dad bought some Revels tonight for us to eat during the TERROR docu-drama on BBC2. I ate a couple of small handfuls. The experience went off without a hitch and was going surprisingly well until THREE COFFEES IN A ROW. They are disgusting, I have no idea why Mars even bother putting them in the Revels mix, unless it's all a cruel joke, in which case I both despise and respect them.

So annoyed was I with this confectionary game of chance that I jovially described the experience of eating the Revels as being 'like Russian Roulette'... then I started wondering why they stopped making them with peanuts in and decided that my analogy has probably, in recent years, become literal, what with fatal allergies increasing. It'd give eating them a new edge though, wouldn't it, if you knew you could go from healthy to full-blown anaphylaxis in a heartbeat.

The TERROR programme was funny, lots of mentions of 'asses', 'balls' and 'butts'.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the coffee ones!! I must be a sicko.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the coffee revels, and I hate the orange. Also, the RR revels joke has been done a few dozen times.

Anonymous said...

in fact, they even based an ad campaign on this concept. Deer hunter etc.

Anonymous said...

And you are?

Anonymous said...

And anyway... I wasn't even trying to make a joke, in the way that a standup would, therefore this competitive 'done-it-before' edge surely does not apply to me. We've all walked on pavements and eaten peas before but that doesn't mean I can't mention it on here does it?

Anonymous said...

Well said!! Lordy - when did blogging become so competitive?!! There are an awful lot of judgmental pretentious twats out there...

Do Google searches and that...

Google