Friday, September 1

I have a new job!

Yes, after a few weeks of agonising poverty and bleak thoughts of begging I have finally secured some paid employment that lasts beyond September. You are now reading the blog of the 'Aim Higher Project Worker' for the Fenland district. This means that I'll be helping kids from local schools to experience university, by organising workshops, outings and residential schools. The idea is that we get more kids from this district to apply, because the Fenland region has an appalling track record of adult illiteracy and progression past the GCSE stage.

I did have to explain to HR (after accepting the job) that I had another job application in the pipeline. They'd only find out about it anyway, seeing as it's with the same institution. I think my honesty was appreciated.

It's not against any kind of rules to apply for two different positions within an organisation is it? I'm sure they can't penalise me for it.

I hope they can't.

Now I'm worried. Hmm...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

hey youre well fit mind if i hang around here gorgeous well i will anyway lol teepuhpay xxxxx

Dino Girl said...

Yes I do mind if you hang around here sharking for chicks on a respectable blog such as this, read the musings and keep your filthy opinions to yourself.

Do Google searches and that...

Google