Monday, May 18

Repeat after me...

Seeing the same underground posters every day makes one a little obsessive. Do I need osteo-vitamins? Have I got chlamydia? Am I happy?

One movie poster is 90% about the film 'Role Models' and 10% about the film Frost/Nixon. I think they've definitely got their ratios muddled up there, especially considering the pullout quote about the former says "Like watching a couple of monkeys throwing poo at each other on Youtube". Has anybody here ever Googled 'poo-throwing monkeys' on Youtube? Even if you have, would you be prepared to PAY up to £15 for a dvd of men doing the same thing (metaphorically)?

This one is burned into my retinas at the moment:









































IT DOESN'T MAKE ME WANT TO BUY MARMITE CHEESE.

It just makes me think about Marmite Cheese ALL THE TIME.

I will NEVER buy Marmite cheese now, as a result of it's aggressive visual offensive on the way up the escalators in Maida Vale tube station.

I'm thinking of starting a blog with a new stupid underground poster on it every day. But then I'd have to take my
camera everywhere with me. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Stephen Collins said...

But this is what they want, to do an advertising campaign which only sort of makes sense - and it is this not-quite-normalness which sticks in your mind. This marmite one annoys me also. I found myself looking at it an entire journey going 'what'. Obviously the images are meant to cleverly invert the design to show someone loving / hating marmite cheese. But it just looks weird. I quite like the pictures though.

Do more movie taglines please I am enjoying these. Note that Fatal Attraction has the classic 'makes bad face over shoulder of lover' move which only the truly evil can ever really pull off.

I used to want to look like Miles Hunt.

Stephen Collins said...

did my last comment just work? I'm not sure it worked. test test.

Do Google searches and that...

Google